Wednesday 24 July 2013

There's More!

The last three months have been the best months of my life when it comes to achieving  some outward lifelong goals.  I’ve been more creative than ever and it doesn’t feel like I’ve worked at all. Spiritually, it’s been ... well, almost  the opposite:) I've come to accept that it's just a season. If someone was watching closely my walk with God, they might not be utterly encouraged but I'm a project with a goal! I've always believed I and God are best friends because I’ve experienced an incredible relationship with Him . Denying this, is like denying that He’s real. But there would always be phases, obstacles. It's not really about the outer conflict, it's the inner conflicts because that's what really shapes us. They mold us.  In fact the only reason I’ll respect anyone is their honesty about their doubts and struggles, if someone doesn’t have those, then I cannot relate to that. There is grace for rising after falling. This is the gospel that we are supposed to be living.

What I’m saying is that, it’s not just about your good morals, singing and listening to gospel songs, regularly being at that bible study meeting , dressing conservatively or being on that  missions trip. It’s about God being your goal because all the seasons of struggle, doubt, despair, victory, defeat and faith are just parts in the whole story. I hope these all makes sense but you are welcome to disagree.

While growing up, I had "role models" - people I wanted to be like and impress so much. I would have done anything to be like them. But if I had just stopped worrying about that and believed in how unique and special I was. And just enjoyed the inspiration I got from their lives and not worry about trying too hard to be like them, I would have maybe become even more successful. I'm sure, more than anything, the Lord wants us to just spend time with Him and enjoy what we share and stop trying desperately to impress Him with works or activities.

PS: I  have some people to thank for these recent changes.You know yourselves :) Thanks for giving your services as gifts to help support my cause for this blog and my other goals.

Much Love
Ibe


2 comments:

  1. Yea, I think monitoring and keeping records of changes in ones life is another great skill/attitude everyone should develop; this helps one in knowing ones pace, enabling you to do more!
    Ibe I appreciate you so much..those supporting you are very fortunate ..

    We should enjoy our relationship with God, its something we should be happy about, its a rare privilege.. yes!! ...He choose us ...and made us to be fruitful,...that our joy will be full

    Its not ONLY by work/activities trying to please Him base on mans understanding: DO MORE TO ATTRACT HIM.

    CONSIDER:
    1.WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU?

    2.WHAT REALLY MOTIVATES YOU:LOVE FOR GOD OR ACTIVITIES/FUN

    3.WHO DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks also for those encouraging words. You've made a lot of sense! Got to start pondering on those questions too.

      Delete