Monday 8 July 2013

MERCY!

MERCY!

 

"Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious:
 but obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief" 1 Tim 1:13

When you think MERCY, do you think of someone's name? Does it  mean we really could "get away with" sin, or does Mercy imply that we had no hope on the score of justice?  For me, when thinking about the true definition of MERCY or at least in the context of God's mercy towards us, it feels a lot like the same judge letting you go, after finding you guilty! :)

I am a grateful product of God's mercy!  Every time I hear stories about other people who are struggling with sin and guilt, people who've been dubbed as messed up and hopeless - I always close my eyes and remember how it was for me to be in that place too. I still find myself there from time to time, it's never really smooth sailing all the way, but then I'm pulled out of it - again, only by God's mercy. It is something I can never ever work for or earn, it is simply a gift given lovingly by God to those who receive it wholeheartedly.


It just means we need to treat others in a merciful manner too. It's like the law of give and take! "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." Mathew 5:7

Let it also be understood that before we can trust in the mercy of God, we must truly repent and make our confession. We should take full advantage of His great mercy. But remember, God's mercy is not to allow us continually err. His mercy is amazing. It's the abuse of His mercy that is ridiculous. 

The question is, do we take His mercy for granted?

I sincerely pray that you'll truly understand God's mercy and enjoy it this week!

Much love,
Ibe

No comments:

Post a Comment