Wednesday 11 September 2013

Maximizing the Rest Of The Year: Be Enthusiastic!

For some reason, at some point in our lives, we all have to deal with feeling down. The same reason why, personally, I've never stopped wondering why Mondays always signal the end of a carefree weekend and at the same time, the beginning of a work week! You're practically left to motivate and inspire yourself or the chances are that you'll end the week in a grumpy mood.

It's interesting to note that the word enthusiasm comes from the Greek word "God within". It's just something you've got to pull out from somewhere within yourself. I remember walking past a man years ago - he was almost jumping, speaking words to himself. I knew he was turning himself on because I heard some of the words but for all the world, he looked like a charging lion! I thought, "My goodness, he has flipped!" I have never seen anyone act so strangely. Though, I know better now but I don't think I'll act differently if I saw someone acting that way. Mehn... that was some scary stuff!

I have learnt to let my enthusiasm come out. If I'm excited about something, it shows (let's not even consider the opposite!). Enthusiasm is contagious - even for yourself. I truly believe that if you act enthusiastic, you'll become enthusiastic! Not just for a day - but for the rest of the year!

2 comments:

  1. 'I truly believe that if you act enthusiastic, you'll become enthusiastic!' i like that. you have to purposely act enthusiastically, something akin to faking it till it becomes real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right girl.Fake it till it becomes real! Consistency is the key word.

    ReplyDelete