Wednesday 26 June 2013

WHAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP?

WHAT IS TRUE FRIENDSHIP?

A true friend is  someone who will stand by you, no matter what. Someone who you’d eventually consider almost family. And by friendship, I don't mean random people you bump into on Facebook, Twitter or BB and tag on your photos. Those aren't your friends, those are just people you happen to know. If you have people around you who you can share honest conversations with, people who will love you with no judgments, people who encourage you to do better in life and make you feel safe---then you have true FRIENDS.
 
I believe in the power of friends who stick together. I have  a group of friends I had since school days, some, I grew up with and I know they have my back and I have theirs. It's not about the number of friends you have, it's about the quality of friendships you're able to keep...these are the kind of friends you choose to grow old with! Time and distance do nothing to diminish the bond we have with these kinds of friends.

I think you also need to be a true friend. Never ever tell anyone your true friends’ secrets. As I write this, this Bible verse comes to mind "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother"(Proverbs 18:24). True friends are hard to find. So when you find one, hang on tight.



And most importantly, God is our most faithful and everlasting friend! Do you know that there are times when our earthly friends may have the desire to be there for us but lack the necessary ability? It's not so with our Heavenly Father, He has the desire and the power to be there for us! "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with  me" (Psalm 23:4).

There are about five people in my life I consider true friends. How many do you?

Photo Credit: shutterstock.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice one...
    What wud u do to a true frnd who cannot show u caring wen needed it?
    Pls advice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A true friend should be able to show care, right? That's the point.

      Delete