Monday 5 August 2013

We've got to talk!


I had  to deal with some unpalatable situation over the weekend that left me with puffy eyes. And honestly I don't know how I pulled through (I'm still pulling through sef). If someone had talked with me or even saw me then, they wouldn't have known I was going through anything - yeah, I masked it well :) but I was stressed up inside. I didn't even think I could pray, so I decided to have a heart-to-heart talk with God about it as against some fire brand praying (you know what I mean). Just this morning, Jeremiah 29:11 came to mind "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  I love this verse of the bible and even as I type this, it calms me. I don't see the enormity of what I'm going through - all I see is the awesomeness of my creator. Knowing that He has my best interest at heart is so sweet and it makes me feel so loved. Trust thrives in perfect love. I want to just trust in His love for me.

I know, so many folks are going through varying unmentionable negative situations and they honestly feel they can't go on. Things may have got so bad that that your physical and mental health is telling tales. I can understand how everything just seems to get to you - from noisy people and places to happy people and your pulse is rising! Would you trust me if I tell you that God has a plan? And yes, mine might be child's play compared to yours (or vice versa) but does that make it any easier? How about talking to God about it? Remember Isaiah 43:26? "Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified."

It gets harder if you keep sulking, so stop! Don't feel down. Trust that God will make a way for you. I know it doesn't look like it now but it will if you stop sulking and do something about it. Like me, you can start by having a we've got to talk moment with God. Trust me, you'll get a hint on what to do. So guys, as you begin this new week, I wish you all shades of awesomeness and super strength for every trying time. This is coming from someone who is working her way through one.

Lots of love
Ibe


No comments:

Post a Comment